Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My God are we STILL on this!?


I forgot what year this is. Is it 2010 or not? Now, I consider myself as Black, though I see myself, down my lineage as being a million different things. I will /not/ call myself African American. Indians (from India) have dark skin, but who is calling them of African Descent? You can get dark skin from anywhere.

Now, Jamaica is a diverse country. Jamaicans are proud to be JAMAICAN, that should be enough for YOU. Don't worry about the hell they call themselves! This is a very ignorant comment to say that Jamaicans (on top of others) should CALL THEMSELVES BLACK. They are JAMAICAN. Whether you like it or not, we have developed our own cultures. I am AMERICAN, I grew up in this American culture, and will call myself American, and then Black. Jamaicans (who have dark skin) I am sure, have no problem admitting second that they are Black, but they are PROUD OF THEIR CULTURE, and Jamaicans, and Hispanics love their culture just like someone from Africa LOVES THEIR CULTURE. Africa is not only a continent but a CULTURE, it is not always about race. Your CULTURE is what makes you you, and not just your skin color. We need to get beyond this stupid skin debate because it is holding everyone back. Pointing fingers and calling people names. It should be a nonissue right now. And to mention, who defines what is Black? You? Well many other people have something different. Just because you stewed up your little definition of what Black is, doesn't mean everyone has to follow it. We all have our own definitions of WHAT WE ARE. And in your little world, there may be only three ethnicities, but to most of the world, there's millions. There's little tribes in Africa who call themselves as such. Tribes in Asia who call themselves as such. I can prove you wrong all day just using my own definition. It is very annoying and pointless. End of discussion.

Woo *fans self* Theese Ethnic discussions are not for me.

0 comments: