Monday, October 20, 2008

The Duggar Family

Note: I do not make outlines so I warn you that my information can be jumbled and out of some type of chronological order.

In case no one knows about the family, it's the family who is currently expecting their 18th child. Their shows can be found on TLC. I am pretty sure they will continue to be on TV while Michelle (mom) continues to bring more children into the world. What brought me to write this is because I am currently watching it. Their 18th child is another girl thankfully considering they have 10 boys. They need more estrogen in that house. I just read here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26942419/ that the oldest just got married at 20 I might add! I am going to be biased for 5 seconds (as I plan on marrying young), as I figured having that many kids would be birth control for the whole family, or more of a reason to move out as quick as possible so maybe that makes more sense.

Now, this is interesting for me because their newest child Jessica is only a little over one year old, and her and her new sister will be a year and a few months apart. Some women cry over their miscarriages and what not, and people struggle to get pregnant, and babies are being left in trash cans...and this woman can have a baby on a whim! It's honestly quite depressing, and I know she isn't the only mother in the world to have done this before, but she's being displayed on TV, and they all have the same parents, and they're slightly different and I will go on to explain why.

I love Angelina Jolie. I have respect for her. Except for when she looks like she's letting her body waste away. She has 3 biological kids, and 3 adopted children. This is /exactly/ how I want my family to be. Other children deserve a home, and yet you want to have your own kids. Angelina started adopting while she was single, and she is obviously capable of having her own kids even if she may need a doctor's help, yet she still adopts. Call her what you want, I feel like she does it genuinely. If she adopted 18 kids I would be happy too! Maybe what makes me so angry at the Duggar Family is their family seems so "happy" and perfect. Ever watched Jon & Kate plus 8? The kids fight, and Kate yells, and the couple bickers slightly, and when they go in public they have behaved children that get restless. I find it so hard to understand how talking sweetly gets the kids to behave, and in a way it doesn't, but I don't need to go into that.

MSNBC has been good to me today. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20134584/ Here I find they are apart of a Christian movement called the Quiverful, and it sounds so old fashioned. "
Couples in the movement also believe that the husband is the head of the household and the wife is submissive to him, while the children are submissive to both. The girls wear long dresses or skirts and tops, while the boys wear slacks and polo shirts."(Mike Celzic), but I thought women came a long way to not be under a man's wing. "To each their own." I myself believe in God, but, that does not mean...well now see, I can't even phrase my words without sounding extremely wrong, or ignorant as if I haven't already.

Lastly all I want to say is, it shouldn't even be surprising that she says she's pregnant again, but the fact that she continues, it IS surprising. I think the next time I'll be shocked is when she says she can no longer get pregnant. That honestly has to be more annoying than happy to go through pregnancy /again/. It's just too much.

Anyone have any opinions on my thoughts? Something to add? The Duggar family is a great family but they fill me with jealousy, and anger, and other stuff that I vented most of.

0 comments: